Devices

Coordinator
Dec 27, 2009 at 4:54 PM

We have gotten EV Dashboard to run on the DealExtreme device listed on this site. It should also run on the Magellan 4350 w/ Bluetooth. Please share device info here.

Coordinator
Jan 10, 2010 at 8:55 PM

This wiki at deal extreme has some instructions on getting the GPS device into Windows CE mode, changing menus and updating the firmware.

http://wiki.dealextreme.com/GPS%20info%20(sku.19609%20and%20similar).ashx#firmware

Developer
Jan 11, 2010 at 2:55 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I am trying the DealExtreme (DX) GPS SCU #23569 with GPS and Bluetooth.  The device initially came with a Chinese WinCE build (the GPS software is in english).  The System locked and needed reflashing.  The wiki page (in John's post above) loads an OS that does not have the BT enabled, but there is a separate patch to enable the BT which enables the BT.  There is another OS load at http://www.navthai.net/index.php?topic=1127.0  with a chinese OS that comes with the BT enabled. 

To run the EV Dashboard, put the EV Dashboard and the 32feet program on a SD card  (See Johns description). 

There are two ways to start the EV Dashboard code.  One is to put the boot to the standard GPS Menu UI, start the bluetooth driver from the menu, set the GPS NAV to point to the EV Dash exe and then run the GPS.  

The second way is to boot to CE (see the Wikipage link above), run the bluetooth program  using a shortcut, then run the EV Dashboard.   For the shortcuts, create a text file in /Windows/Desktop called StartBT.lnk, and add this line:

27#\ResidentFlash2\YFAP30\BluetoothNav.exe

To start the EV Dashboard, create another shortcut in the same directory with:

27#\SDMMC\EVDashboard.exe

Desktop shortcuts seem to disappear duing hard resets or power failures.  There's probably a fix for that...

Mark.

Developer
Oct 7, 2010 at 4:30 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2010 at 4:38 AM

A minor update.  In the Deal Time unit I purchased, the folders have a different name.  I found them through a little trial and error.  The BluetoothNav.exe is now:
39#\ResidentFlash2\YFAPP\BlueTooth\BluetoothV4.exe

The number in front, 39#, is the count of characters following.  I am pretty sure I counted correctly.  Win CE doesn't seem to care too much about the value.

The desktop shortcuts disappear because the unit refreshes itself on restart.  I put the .lnk files on the SD card.  While there may be a way of restoring them to the desktop on refresh, I haven't found it yet.

the link for the other OS load is no longer valid.  Be careful and do NOT try going to it

---www.navthai.net---Has-Virus------ When I tried it, it contained viruses  The link John posted seems to be kept up to date.