This project is read-only.

Debug - Simulation

Developer
Oct 3, 2010 at 3:55 AM

I have been trying to fix a crash issue.  I had the EVDashboard working with my PakTrakr until I added a Current sensor to the PakTrakr.  Now it crashes EVDashboard when I accelerate (draw more amps).  I also have a couple other BMS systems I want to work on, one being eLithion and the other is in development. 

How do I get simulation to work and work with remote debug?  I think I am close but still not working.  How do you get a remote connect to the CE device to remotely debug?  Unless I am missing something, the Emulators do not have enough screen real estate to show all the buttons and I cannot get their displays to scroll.

Per Microsoft, they say I should be able to connect the CE device through Active Sync.  When I hook the CE up to either of my computers via USB, it beeps like connected, then disconnects (and repeats).

Developer
Oct 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Leap of faith:  I used a "real" USB cable, and Active Sync connects to the GPS unit. 

In VS 2008, with Active Sync connection, it is telling me there isn't enough space:

"Error 1 Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x8973190e. Error writing file '\Windows\NETCFV2.wce5.armv4i.cab'. Error 0x80070070: There is not enough space on the disk.    Device Connectivity Component "

Next, I ran Explorer on the GPS unit and Using System Properties, changed "Memory" - Storage Memory to a higher value (set the pointer to about 50%).  Now the EvDashboard.exe deploys and runs in the debugger.

Hopefully this will help others with similar problems.