eLithion BMS Integration

Developer
Sep 20, 2010 at 4:17 AM

I hooked up the Iogear bluetooth to serial to an eLithion BMS system.  I made a quick change to the startup code so it would recognize the ELITHION BMS type.  It appears that it is not getting any data from the bluetooth device so I tried hooking it up to a computer via bluetooth and hyperterminal.  I was able to make a connection but still, no data flow.  Just to make sure the serial communications were working, I hooked up the BMS to my computer using a serial cable.  The computer was able to communicate with the BMS, no problem.

I tried with and without connecting pin 4 to pin 7 on the serial connection.  No change.  The same Iogear Bluetooth unit works correctly with the Paktrakr.

Any ideas?

Developer
Sep 22, 2010 at 2:05 AM

There is a hack that enables bidirectional communication with the Iogear Bluetooth to Serial device.  Simply solder a jumper between pins 7, RTS and 8, CTS.  

Has anyone done any work on the actual eLithion code?

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2010 at 10:22 PM

There is some initial work on the code there but without a working system we were not able complete the implementation.

Developer
Sep 27, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I am guessing one of the issues is communication, which may be resolved with the 7-8 jumper.  I have access to an eLithion Lituumate (on my desk in front of me).  Is the initial work what is posted or is there more that should be used as a starting point?